The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver, sometimes known as a Chinese cleaver, is a large squared knife with a very wide blade. Every part of it can be put to use. The edge is used to process vegetables, especially larger ones such as cabbage, which are frequently a part of Chinese cuisine. Yet many cooks find their cleaver nimble enough for almost every kind of cutting and slicing. The flat of the blade makes a great tool for smashing garlic cloves. The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver feels solid, but Shun's thinner blade makes it easy to handle so food preparation is a pleasure. But be sure not to use the Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver on joints, bones, or meat. The Meat Cleaver is made for that.
- Perfect for chopping and slicing vegetables—a favorite of many professional chefs
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan